sabato 12 aprile 2014

Disney (de)Generation

When I was child I was very lucky: my father, as now, was a big fan of movies, videogames and musics. Growing, I got his own passions. My favorite movies, obviously, were from Disney, from that awesome world of magic, animals and catchy songs. There were thieves, mermaids, "mice child saving", heroes, toys, savages and more and each character was personified really well, each enemy was perfectly structured. And the songs? Wow! Funny and wonderful, those were that kind of songs people can't forget! Songs like "Hakuna Matata".. Lol! Just Kidding! I HATE that song! °^° 



I meant.. Songs like "Be prepared" of The Lion King, or, why not, "Part of your world" of The little Mermaid.. Oh, and don't forget the Genie's songs, from Aladdin, and.. talking of soundtracks, who don't remember "To die for" in Mufasa's death scene, in The Lion King? And "And He Shall Smite the Wicked" from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", the intro of Beauty and the Beast, "Listen With Your Heart" from Pocahontas? 
Well guys, I could continue to infinity ( and beyond )!

In short, Disney movies have influenced my whole generation, I think, with all those things. 
And here we are: Disney ( and Pixar ) surprised me yet by producing "Up" and "Wall-e", few years ago and now, with its "Frozen", Disney surprised me again.. In negatively. 
"The Princess and the Frog".. well, ok, nice plot, bad songs, but ehi! Can happen! But Disney, with Frozen, ( as with "Bolt", "Cars" and second or third numbers generally of big classics )  let me down. 
I don't quote "The Brave" for one reason: as Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", the basic ideas were good, the development has been poor. 

But, ehi! Disney didn't just cartoons, it has also done films and, in fact, I feel compelled to mention in a negative way of the kind of irony that it spreads everywhere ( yeah, the same irony that there's in "Pirates of  the Carribean", in "The Avengers", in "The Sorcerer's Apprendice" etc etc ). 

Disney is changed. Just look at the cartoons, once the Disney cartoons had plots / irony / characters / songs that fascinated young and old. Now, however, in my opinion, the Disney cartoons are created for a public outrageously childish.
If disney had a chart, would be almost as this:



Lol, ok, I'm exaggerating! Probably the great ideas to make great movies are over..That's all! xD
I miss the old Disney movies ( well, not those! I can see them whenever I want! xD I meant that I miss that way of making films ).. 

"Adora, wake up and smell the hummus!" 
New movies will come! There will be, at least, some good title in the bunch! No panic!



*"No-panic" walk*

I'll restart up the discussion again next time.. Have a nice saturday night! 
GothAdora



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento